Everything is more expensive these days, from food to gas. Not to mention, car maintenance can be a huge drain on your wallet. Make life easier with these top apps for drivers. Whether you have an iPhone or Android, you can download apps to help you save on gas, repair, parking, and more. In this tech roundup, you’ll find five useful apps every driver needs. Tap or click here to learn about five handy tools you should keep in your car.
If you don’t already have these apps on your phone, start using them now. They’ll help you find more efficient routes, save money, and make your car last longer. This tip is brought to you by CarShield, a sponsor of Kim’s national radio show.
1. GasBuddy: Save money at the pump with GasBuddy. Download it to your Android or iPhone and start saving right away. Unlike other apps, you won’t have to meet an arbitrary minimum before cashing out. According to GasBuddy, this app works with 95% of American gas stations, so you won’t waste time driving to incompatible fuel pumps. Upload your gas receipt into Fetch Rewards to start redeeming gift cards.
2. Drivo: Consider this app a finance manager for your car, motorcycle, bus, or truck. Taxi, Uber, and truck drivers can also make use of it. You can get fuel efficiency reports to help you cut down on fuel costs. Plus, you can find nearby gas stations with the best prices.
3. Waze: Waze is one of the best driving apps you should be using. It helps you get from one place to another as quickly as you can. It compiles live traffic reports from other drivers on the road, so you can find alternate routes if needed.
4. Best Parking: There’s nothing more annoying than not being able to find a parking spot after driving for a long time. With Best Parking, you can reserve spots ahead of time and save yourself the stress.
5. AUTOsist: With this app, you can create a virtual garage. Upload a photo and enter any details, like its type, year, make, model, trim odometer, plate, or VIN. Then, select that car on the home screen to access valuable information, like service records, fuel records, trip logs, personal notes, and reminders.
Another digital tool all drivers should know about is CarShield. Computer systems in cars are the new normal. When something breaks, it could cost a fortune. CarShield can help you save thousands on covered repairs. They offer customizable and flexible payment plans with no long-term contracts. You can choose your favorite mechanic or dealership to do the work. Plus, you’ll get complimentary 24/7 roadside assistance and a rental car while yours is being fixed. Protect yourself from surprises and save thousands for a covered repair! Call 1-800-858-2550 and mention the promo code “KIM,” or visit CarShield.com and use the code “KIM” to save 10%.