Publisher RapidEyeMovers and developer Wolf & Wood, in cooperation with SEGA, have announced C-Smash VRS for PlayStation VR2. It will launch in 2023. A demo will be available on March 23.
Here is an overview of the game, via PlayStation Store:
Experience SEGA’s beloved arcade and console classic reimagined for virtual reality and online gameplay.
- What Virtual Reality Was Born to Be – Imagine playing the ultimate sport while feeling both stimulated and relaxed, your mind and body at one with the best music and stunning visuals. A truly transportive experience.
- Single-Player, Versus, and Co-Op Go on a transformative Journey to the edge of space and time—alone or with a friend—or play a variety of competitive modes against players worldwide. Experience the ultimate workout with the Infinity mode.
- Music You Want to Live In – Original tracks from DJ Ken Ishii (Rez Infinite) and Danalogue (The Comet is Coming, Soccer 96). Your avatar’s body and dynamic environments pulse to the beat—pure synaesthesia.
- A New Breed in Future Sports – C-Smash VRS fuses the best of racket sports—squash, tennis, racket, paddle ball, and beyond—as well as other sporting disciplines into a stellar physical experience.
- Design Made Physical – Built from the ground up by virtual reality pioneers Wolf & Wood and an international dream team of artists, designers, and musicians, all committed to changing how a game can make you move, see, hear, and feel.
- Intuitive Controls – Learn the basics in minutes before going on to master mind- and time-bending Trick Shots and special techniques.
- Full Body Immersion – Transport your whole body to another universe. A total mind and body experience.
- Fitness Without the Stress – Get fit to the beat while having fun as you build up a sweat.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of images at the gallery. Visit the official website here.