Empire of the Ants, the forthcoming game based on Bernard Werber’s 1991 science-fiction novel, will be released for consoles and PC via Steam in 2024, publisher Microids and developer Tower Five announced. While the exact consoles were not specified, the game is available for wishlisting on PlayStation Store.
Microids provided the following overview of the game:
Inspired by Bernard Werber’s best-selling novel, Empire of the Ants will offer a strategic experience similar to the iconic books saga.
Experience immersive adventures and protect your lands through tactical and strategic battles in a microscopic world of epic proportions.
Explore, strategize, fight, and most of all, ally with local wildlife to prevail in the many challenges that await you.
Play as the Ant Savior, whose mission is to lead its “people” and rebuild a home, protect them, make them flourish, and conquer new territories through various seasons.
- Join Epic Adventures – Step into the shoes of a brave ant with a 3rd person view, and explore special abilities that can help you in combat and exploration.
- A 3D Real-Time Strategic Game with Progressive Difficulty – The game offers an intuitive experience for beginners, with tutorials to learn the basics of a real-time strategy game. It also provides a scalable difficulty and adaptable experience for veteran players who can discover new game mechanics, advanced strategies, and combat skills.
- Explore Picturesque Environments and Meet the Local Wildlife – The game features a photorealistic forest to explore. Encounter and interact with other ants and forest dwellers during your journey.
- Photo-Realistic – Unreal Engine 5 allows for realistic visuals on plants and wildlife.
- Narrative Based on the Season’s Rhythm – The game follows the rhythm of the seasons, to which environments and gameplay mechanics will adjust.
- Diversity of Contrast and Adaptation – The game maps will change depending on the time of day (day, night, dawn, and twilight).